NORTHERN SCHOOL OF CONTEMPORARY DANCE NETWORK COORDINATOR (FREELANCE)
NORTHERN CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLES (CYP) DANCE NETWORK Salary: £26,400 inclusive of VAT (18 month contract) (Year 1 – 2 days per week over 48 weeks / Year 2 – 1.5 days per week over 24 weeks)
The Northern School of Contemporary Dance, based in Leeds, is one of the UK’s leading centres for professional contemporary dance training and is seeking to fill the post of Network Coordinator (Freelance), for the Northern Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Dance Network. The Network Co-ordinator post is funded by Arts Council England and will follow through on key recommendations that were highlighted in the published report ‘A New Canvas for Dance’. The Post Holder will deliver the first 18 months of strategic development activity to develop a network for the Northern Area CYP dance ecology. Key purpose of Network Coordinator Role will be:
1. INFRASTRUCTURE: Set up the network’s infrastructure, including consolidating SAG working methods, governance role, reporting structures and evaluation plans.
2. COMMUNICATIONS: Develop a communication and marketing strategy, promote the network brand (including the value of a networked approach).
3. MEMBERSHIP: Build the network’s membership. Set up an administrative hub and membership database.
4. NETWORK MEETINGS: Hold regional (sub-regional and individual) meetings/events with membership and other CYP stakeholders, to explore, identify and define key priorities to strengthen the CYP sector (building on a New Canvas for Dance recommendations).
5. NEWS: Devising and managing effective CYP dance/Network ‘news’ and opportunity mechanisms. Integrating with consortium members’ current modes, and tools such as social media, twitter.
6. EVALUATE & FUNDRAISE: Completing evaluation of the Network’s development phase and research options for and apply for future funding to ensure sustainability of the Network. Flexible working hours, including some evenings and weekends may be required to complete the main duties and responsibilities of this role.
Candidates must be willing to travel across the North region with bases available in Durham, Leeds and Manchester. Closing date for applications: 5pm on Thursday 13th November 2014. Interviews to be held on Tuesday 25th November 2014 A job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from www.nscd.ac.uk/jobs Completed applications may be returned electronically to [email protected] or in hard copy to Tracy Witney, Head of Learning and Participation, NSCD, 98 Chapeltown Road, Chapeltown, Leeds, LS7 4BH.
Applicants are welcome to submit a CV alongside the completed application form, but unaccompanied CVs will not be considered. The Northern School of Contemporary Dance is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.