Here is the DAZL Wakefield Pilot report and what we go up to during lockdown. You can download the report or ready the slides below, we are so grateful to Wakefield Council and Aspire Health for all there support. We are very excited for the next stage….
It’s time to get creative and competitive! We’re challenging groups of between three and 12, year 7 children to come up with their own dance routine. It could be inspired by TikTok, and children can choose the music themselves.
Check out the guides for more details, and the video from Dance Action Zone Leeds for some tips.
Download the guide for South Yorkshire schools
Download the guide for West Yorkshire schools
Watch the YouTube video below lead by DAZL Dance Leader Kaci Emmonds and members of the DAZL Street Games Yorkshire group.
HOW TO TAKE PART
• Groups of 3 – 12 Year 7’s to create a dance routine. These can be Tik-Tok style or anything the students want to do! The song choice can be determined by the participants.
• Please click here to watch the instructional video put together by DAZL and how to incorporate these and read the guidance in this document.
• To submit the video, simply share the dance routines on Instagram or Twitter tagging in @DanceActionZoneLeeds (Instagram ) / @DAZL_Leeds (Twitter) and @YorkshireSport (Instagram and Twitter) and using #WYSGDanceComp and #SYSGDanceComp for South and West Yorkshire Schools. The deadline to submit videos in 4pm on Friday 12 February.
• The videos will be judged by the DAZL Street Games Group and the winners will be announced on Friday 19 February. The winners will have the opportunity to take part in DAZL’s next dance event and will be asked to perform their routine at our next West Yorkshire School Games Festival when they are back in the calendar!
Please ensure when taking part in this competition, participants are abiding by their school’s individual
health and safety measures, social distancing policies and localised restrictions.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
If you need further support checkout the DAZL website www.dazl.org.uk or click on to the DAZL YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/dazldiamonds for hints and tips.
In lockdown DAZL continued with the supporting of young peoples mental health through a digital project supported by the National Lottery Community Fund
Here are a series of 1 min Mental Health awareness dance films created by Choreographers Mason Jubb and Chloe Young, Filmed by Wayne Sables
During lock-down with the support of the National Lottery Community Fund, DAZL created a podcast with young people hosted by Wayne Sables. A new podcast is released every Monday at 12 noon by a different young person. Please follow us on Spotify, ITunes and google
The Young people at DAZL encourage you to wear a face covering in partnership with Leeds Public Health, Leeds City Council and Forum Central
DAZL have put together a safety video for all participants in our community provision. Please watch the video so you are familiar with our new procedures. Lets all do our bit #StaySafeSaveLives
For full covid-19 safety information and measures you can visit our covid-19 page www.dazl.org.uk/
1.We have had 206,775 views of our regular online Facebook live classes and rising.
2.We have delivered 331 online classes.
3.Recorded 80 video classes
4.Garden Groovers videos have 39,809 views and rising
5.Delivered 94 Garden Groovers session & engaged 5658 people but has 2086 dancing.
6.Delivered 151 Outdoor social distancing dance sessions (94 were Garden Groovers).
7.We have delivered 988 food parcels to 203 people weekly across Leeds 10 & 11 for 16 weeks which equates to 28,923 individual meals/ portions.
DOWNLOAD TO VIEW THE FULL REPORT BELOW
East Leeds Activity Camp Starting 28th July Monday – ThursdayS
10-2pm for 4weeks Dance and Sports Camp
Food provision Provided by Fareshare Yorkshire – Breakfast – toast, bagels, breakfast bars, cereals and for Lunch – packed lunch
DAZL & BARCA Leeds Wednesdays 2.45pm
- New Wortley Community Centre 3rd, 4th, 5th August 2020, Each day 10am-3pm. ACE will be delivering multisports in the Afternoon each day 1-2.30pm. Hot & Cold Snack Boxes for Free Lunch.
- Fall into place & DAZL Seacroft Garden Groovers 28th, 29th, 30th Morning session 10.30am and afternoon session 2.30pm supported by Inner East Community Committee.
- West Yorkshire Police & DAZL Activity Project at Beeston Broncos, Tuesdays & Thursday 10.30-12noon starting 28th July for 4weeks
- Mental Health & Resilience Dance Project (10am-3pm x 4 days 10th -13th August) with DAZL Head Coach Mason Jubb (RUOK? Film and Podcast Project with DAZL Youth Dance Company)
- Wednesday & Friday 10.30am, Healthy Holidays 5-week Summer dance course via Facebook Live.
- Advance Choreography with Mason Fridays 2-3pm via Zoom
- Darren – Wakefield online dance, Morning Motivation SUNDAYS 10am via Facebook LIVE
Summer Garden Groovers Housing Advisory Panel Project TBC
- Inner south garden Groovers sessions per week Middleton & Beeston, Holbeck for Inner South Housing Advisory Panel also in partnership with Get Set Leeds. Wednesday & Fridays.
- Outer South Garden Groovers across Outer South Housing Advisory Pannel.
Live in Outer South Area #Morley #Rothwell #Tingley #Ardsley and #RobinHood Areas?
DAZL Garden Groovers is a one hour outdoor social distancing dance session, aimed at all movement abilities. You don’t have to travel and you can keep your safe ‘social distance’ whilst you make your moves or you can just come to your gate and clap along to the music.
Project supported by #OuterSouthHousingAdvisoryPannel If you want Garden Groovers on your Street Contact Chrisie the DAZL Community Facilitator [email protected] or call/text or whatsapp 07519018675
Checkout this 1min Youtube Clip which explain what the project is about
DAZL Summer Outdoor social distancing dance sessions
Weekly social distancing outdoor dance sessions weather permitting. If weather is bad, we will do a zoom session, please see below. (4-weeks starting 28th July 2020)
- Diamonds 3-4PM or 4-5pm outdoors Middleton Community Centre each session 1hr Pom & 1hr Hip-Hop in their bubbles.
- DAZL Mums Monday 6pm-7pm outdoors Middleton Community Centre
- DAZL Inclusive Tuesdays 3pm outdoors Middleton Community Centre.
- Tuesday Dance Fitness 6pm streamed to Facebook outdoors Middleton Community Centre
- Inspire – Ebor Gardens Fridays with Chloe outdoors Burmantofts Field
- Bramley – Fridays 3pm – 1.5hr session on Bramley Field, Rayville Road
- DAZL XPLODE Saturdays 9.30-10.30am outdoors Middleton Community Centre
- DANCE FITNESS Saturdays with CHRISIE & STEPH) 9.30-10.30 outdoors Middleton Community Centre
Workshops with another organisation
- Getaway Girls Summer Dance Workshop, 5th August 1-2pm
- Restablish summer dance workshop, Watsonia Wednesday 5th August 3.30-4.30pm and 12th August 11am-12noon.
PLEASE CALL/ TEXT 07519018675 OR EMAIL [email protected]
Dance Action Zone Leeds and New Wortley Community Centre have partnered up to deliver a 3 day Healthy Holidays Activity Camp. Tuesday 4th Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th August 2020.
Breakfast and Lunch provided with the support of the Leeds Community Foundation Healthy Holidays Program. DAZL will deliver dance in the morning with creative activities and Active Clubs Experience (ACE) will deliver Multi-sports in the afternoon.
Please contact Chrisie at DAZL via call/text or whatsapp on 07519018675 or you can email [email protected]
Please complete this online consent form https://dazl.wufoo.com/forms/dazl-and-new-wortley-cc-summer/
DAZL and many other LGBT+ Friendly organisation Join Friends of Dorothy, LGBT+ celebrities and friends for the inaugural Silver Pride UK; a culturally diverse and enriching programme of live performances, masterclasses and events to champion social inclusion and ensure elderly LGBT+ people are socially connected, celebrated and recognised for their contributions to culture and society. Everyone welcome!
DAZL Dance Class Sunday 26th July 4pm to 4.45pm
You can join us on Facebook LIVE www.facebook.com/danceactionzoneleeds Fun, energetic dance session to all your disco classics. Donna Summer, Sylvester to Earth Wind & Fire. Come join the fabulous Darren Murphy From DAZL via Facebook LIVE.
For more information on #SilverPrideUK visit https://friendsofdorothy.org.uk/
DAZL has been delivering projects throughout the COVID1- Pandemic to support young people’s mental wellbeing. During COVID-19 the young people of DAZL have stated their physical and mental wellbeing has been dramatically effected.
With the support of Leeds Public Health and National Lottery Community Fund, DAZL has been able to reducing inequalities and support the young peoples mental and physical wellbeing through ZOOM sessions, whatsapp and phone check-in sessions for young people and parents.
The work will be adapted over the summer and developed into four artist dance and mental health films and a podcast in partnership with Wayne Sables Project and DAZL Head Coach Mason Jubb. The work will be co-created with the young people and families. These are their stories of lock-down and the pandemic #Leeds.
Below if a short film on how DAZL has supported this journey