DAZL Xplode Leeds Community Programme
DAZL has a focus on participation and reducing inequalities for children and young people across the city of Leeds. Activity is based in venues at the heart of the communities.
DAZL Xplode Classes – are a series of weekly dance as physical activity session which also throughout the year incorporates healthy eating for 5-16 years. The program caters for all abilities and styles of dance. This program is supported and in partnership with local organisation, Leeds Public Health, The local ward councillors and local community committees across the city.
- DAZL Xplode at Swinnow Community Centre – 5-6pm (6yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode at Hillside Hall, Farnley – 4-5pm (6-10yrs & 11yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode Seacroft at Kentmear Centre – 5-6pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Richmond Hill Centre, Burmantofts – 5.15-6.15pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Beeston at Watsonia Pavillion Community Centre, Crossflatts Park – 4.30-5.30pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Cottingley Centre – 5pm-6pm (5-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Rothwell, Scout Hut, Haige Rd – 4-5pm (3-6yrs & 7-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Wortley at St John Church Hall- 4.45-5.45 Cheerdance (6-10yrs & 11yrs+) & 5.45-6.45 Contempoary (6-10yrs & 11yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode Morley, Newlands Church, 5.30-6.30pm (5-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Thorpe Community Centre – 4.30pm-5.30pm (5-11yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Bramley Community Centre – 4.30-5.30pm UrbanCheer for (5-8yrs & 9-13yrs) Streetdance, 5.30-6.30pm for (5-8yrs & 9-13yrs)
- DAZL Belle Isle at South Leeds hub – 9am-10.30am (6-13yrs)
All sessions are designed to build confidence , self-esteem and improved their health and wellbeing in a safe environment. Classes are run by a highly experienced Leeds based artists and supported by local DAZL Dance Leader from the local communities.
There’s scope for young people to be involved as participants and Youth Dance Leader/ Volunteers assisting the dance artist. Lots of performance opportunities and holiday programmes through the year. Many participants engage with other DAZL’s activity as a result of being involved in this program. The young people have the option to be involved in a more intensive program or to take part in drop-in sessions. For all DAZL programs and pathway here is a document for you to download DAZL Programs and Pathways Poster 2018