2014 Dance Visions
Following the success of Dance Journeys (2012) and Dance Insights (2013), Yorkshire Dance is proud to present Dance Visions – a conference exploring the work we commission and create with young people.
Friday 7 November
10.00am – 4.30pm
De Grey Rooms / York Theatre Royal
St Leonard’s Place, YO1 7HD
Call 0113 243 8765 to book your places,
or book securely online
- £50 if you’re representing an organisation (if booking online, select ‘Full Price’ option)
- £25 if you’re a freelancer (if booking online, select ‘Concession’ option)
Dance Visions will focus on the themes of quality and content, presenting real examples of youth dance projects that will provoke, inspire and invigorate new approaches and creative ideas.
Dance Visions is designed for all dance professionals – teachers, leaders, commissioners, development officers, artists – working with children and young people.
This one-day conference will allow valuable time to debate, discuss and reflect on the work we make with children and young people.
Dance Visions will feature speakers and artists including:
- Lucy Bennett (Stopgap Dance Company)
- Zoie Golding (FuzzyLogic)
- Vicky Igbokwe (Uchenna Dance)
- Linda Jasper (Youth Dance England)
- Helen Linsell (Dance United Yorkshire)
- James Morgan (Choreographer, performer & writer)
- Stuart Waters (Professional Dancer)
Meet them here – more to be announced soon!
Sessions will include:
- 12 Visions for Youth Dance – a young person led session
- Thinking Outside The Box – Challenging youth dance project structures
- Quality, Content and Performance – How do we define quality within youth dance choreography
- Empowering Young People Through Dance – The relationship between form and content
- Challenging Street Dance
- Challenging myths around inclusive dance
- Raising Standards in Challenging Contexts